Gruesome Nightmare

When dreams are supposed to be joyful and beautiful, mine have suddenly shifted to nightmares.

I recall how terrible today's dream was.

It was an old building.

My sister and I were in a hurry because it was the holiday season and we were running late.

We entered the lift, which was filled with people of all ages.

Due to overload, the lift began to ring and failed to close the door.

I insisted on getting down and using the stairs, but my sister refused and told me to wait because it occurs all the time and the lift will ultimately close.

Everyone was warned.

We always ignore the warning signs and proceed.

After a few rings, the elevator eventually closed without anyone getting off.

There was a jerk when the lift took off.

Despite everyone's fears, it didn't appear as though it was expected because of the overload.

Another jerk occurred within seconds. Everyone was frightened this time but kept their composure. Children were reluctant to stand on their own and desired to be held by their parents.

I was relieved as it got closer to the first level and made the decision that if it were too busy, I would never take the elevator again and would instead take the stairs the following time.


It felt as though we had spent longer in the elevator than normal to reach the first floor because of the pressure with which it arrived there.

Tremors and jerks continued when the door opened, but no one got down except me and my sister.

Everything happened in an instant when we stepped out of the lift.

All we heard was an explosion, with no more warnings.

I couldn't take a breath or take a moment to process what had just occurred.

There was a ringing in my ears.

Screams could be heard all around. I looked around for my sister, who was lying nearby, attempting to figure out what had happened. We both gazed at each other in horror, our eyes welling up with tears.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I turned to stare at the void.

I stood up and moved towards it with trembling body.

I noticed blood splatters all over the place.

My heart sank as visions of the children, mothers, and grandfathers surfaced.

With shaky hands grasping the bloodied ends of the space, I peered down at the void.

The elevator line had broken at one end, leading it to collapse to the ground.

It was truly a gruesome nightmare to see the blood drip down and to witness it so vividly.

Comments