Morning without a word

 We usually wish "Good Morning" as sign of greeting 

I woke up usually to a silent mornings

Everyone busy with their own usual chores

Everyone knows what they have to do and what more to do

I got ready for the day of work

Weekends are close yet the week seems too long 

Dad with his usual stride walks towards the car

I wait behind the car to get out of the porch area

The wait seems to be longer than usual, I wonder what's making him take longer to start the engine

I move towards the car asking him "What's the matter dad?"

No response

He tells me to fetch water for him and instantly says to himself he would do it own his own

I couldn't get a picture of what was happening?

I ask him again "Why Dad, why do u need water?"

No response

He open the front hood of the car and pours the fetched water into two holes

I kept wondering forever to understand the situation

I ask him out of curiosity to understand the what these tricks are for.

"Dad why are you pouring water?"

No response

I gave up. My eyes starts to swell with tears.

This is usual thing he does every time but still it hurts every time

He gets in car and starts the engine

I move behind the car and wait with my saddened heart

He waits for me to get in the car 

He finally says "Don't you know why water is poured into the front hood?"

His usual tone and style after realising that he is regretting he didn't reply soon.

I stared outside lost in thoughts 

No response.



Comments